In UCI EdgeLab, we study and build distributed data management systems. We are interested in systems that span large geographic areas and infrastructures, including cloud and edge environments.
We target applications in the edge and IoT domain such as smart spaces, autonomous cars, and mobile applications.
Wide-area Edge DB (WedgeDB) is a distributed database that spans cloud and edge nodes. WedgeDB distributes storage and computes resources close to users to enable fast access. In EdgeLab, we tackle various research problems to realize WedgeDB. These research problems span topics such as consensus, byzantine agreement, transaction processing, and data indexing. Currently, the following are active projects within the WedgeDB scope.
- Faisal Nawab, faculty. http://nawab.me
- Abhishek Singh, Ph.D. Student. (2018-now)
- Samaa Gazzaz, Ph.D. Student. (2019-now)
- BinBin Gu, Ph.D. Student. (2019-now)
- Saeed Kargar, Ph. D. Student. (2020-now)
- Juncheng Fang, Ph.D. student. (2021-now)
- Kevin Bruhwiler, Ph.D. student. (2021-now)
- Farzad Habibi, Ph.D. student. (2021-now)
- Yinan Zhou, Ph.D. student. (2022-now)